SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Business Opportunity

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bill_and_sharon
Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri 18 Feb 2005 15:25    Post subject: Business Opportunity Reply with quote

As you can see from the To: line, this isn't sent just to me. They are definitely getting stupider ( is that a word?) Anyway, I have never even heard of this place. Has anyone else heard of this place? Where is it??

Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:10:31 +0100 (CET)
From: "TOURBILLON DESERT" <tour_desert1@yahoo.fr> Add to Address Book
Subject: business opportunity
To: robshar99@hotmail.com

FROM THE DESK OF SAMIR WATTARA

CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER,
S I T B-SECURITY.
OUAGADOUGOU,BURKINA FASO.

Dear SHARON,
I am the chief security officer incharge of operations with the S I T B-SECURITY here in burkina faso.I am writing, following your address which i got through the net when i was searching for a sure email contact because of the urgency of the transaction.And i hope on your releability to champion this business opportunity with me.

In my department i discovered an abandoned trunks boxes deposited in an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer who died with him entire faily in a plane crash in november 1999.He makes a confidence to me about the contain of those boxes and went back to his country.

Since we got the information about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his deposit because we cannot release it unless someone applies for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as indicated in our security guidlines and laws. But unfortunately,i learnt that all his supposed next of kin died along side with him in the war leaving nobody behind for the claims.

It is therefore upon this discovery that I now decided to make this business proposal to you and to release the trunks boxes to you as the next of kin to the deceased customer.After you must have claimed the trunks boxes,you will invite me to your country for us to share the fortune and you will also assist me to invest my own share in any lucrative business in your country.

The security laws and guidlines here stipulates that if such consignment remained unclaimed after five years, the consignment will be opened and the content will be transfered into the security treasury as unclaimed property.

The request for a foreigner as next of kin in this business is occassioned by the fact that the customer was a foreigner and myself cannot stand as next of kin to him.

I simply want you to stand as the next of kin or a relation to the deceased customer.i will monitor the procedure and will give you all the neccessary informations that will require from you before they can release and effect the transfer of the consignment to your locality.

May i use this opportunity to inform you that the deceased customer before he died reliably told me that the deposited item in our custody is:

-US$ cash of 50.000.000,00 (twenty million us dollar)

-and 500 Kgs of gold dust 22 carats.

I will like you to come in person here in burkina faso for the claims,and you can cvonfirm by yourself so we can conclude this deal.

Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you my private phone number and my private e mail adress.I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is hitch-free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made for the release and subsequent transfer of the deposit to you.

Everythings is on control,i just need your entire collaboration and assistance to conclude thie business.

You should contact me immediately as soon as you receive this letter for me to know your interest and for us to start the operation.i advice that we should do everything very fastly as there is no time to waste.
Yours faithfully,

Samir WATTARA.
Former Member
*** Account closed at users request***

PostPosted: Fri 18 Feb 2005 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi B&S,

Have a look here: http://ouagadougou.usembassy.gov
and here too: http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/uv.html

Burkina Faso is north of Ghana in West Africa.

As for the "To" line, that is a little trick to cover up the fact that the email was sent to lots of people in the BCC field.

If the Lad does not have a 'To' address it will appear as 'undisclosed recipients' which is easily identifiable by spam and junk mail filters.

The address used may be another address under the scammers' control, or one that does not exist. Sneeky huh!
bill_and_sharon
Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri 18 Feb 2005 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sneaky yes. But I have seen enough of these to know a scam when i see one. We get at least one of these every single day. Well, if they contact us, maybe they will leave the more vulnerable alone. Nice thought anyway.

Very Happy Bill and Sharon
lightwave
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon 07 Mar 2005 07:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is just a standard '419' scam otherwise known as 'advance fee fraud'. After a couple of emails they hand you over to a lawyer who demands money for preparing documents. So you pay and you never see your money again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> IS THIS A SCAM? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: