SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

http://www.bruxellesfinance.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> FAKE BANKS AND FRAUDULENT WEBSITES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joewein
NEW Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat 19 Mar 2005 21:32    Post subject: http://www.bruxellesfinance.com Reply with quote

This fake bank is used in the "Famous Culture Lottery" scam operated by a 419 gang in Belgium. Fiducial agent:

Mr. Joe West of FAMOUS CULTURE AGENCY.
TEL: 0032-486-590-437
Email: famousculture@netscape.net

Fake bank contact details:

Desk of Director of Remittance
BRUXELLES CITY BANK
Bruxelles, Belgium
TEL: 0032-494101605
TEL: 0032-494101603
Fax: 0032-27069900
www.bruxellescity.net

They require an initial deposit of $5,028 by Western Union:

NAME: OPERA ISAH (Mrs)
ADRESS: Chaussi% de Charleroi, Brussel, Belgium

The domain bruxellesfinance.com was created on February 9, 2005. bruxellescity.net is a bit older: January 17, 2005. Unlike its newer sibling, that site seems to be down already.

Joe Wein
Former Member
*** Account closed at users request***

PostPosted: Sat 19 Mar 2005 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the site, and thanks for the info. The fake website (bruxellescity.net) was reported to the bank killers on 419eater.com on March 12th. Site is now dead Smile

Anybody running into the fake lottery should steer clear!
Q

PostPosted: Sat 19 Mar 2005 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joe!

Welcome to scampatrol! Thanks for reporting the sites! Smile
joewein
NEW Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun 20 Mar 2005 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eatyo Urgreens wrote:
Hi Joe,

Welcome to the site, and thanks for the info. The fake website (bruxellescity.net) was reported to the bank killers on 419eater.com on March 12th. Site is now dead Smile

Thanks, guys! It's good to work with you Smile

Hopefully the same fate will strike bruxellesfinance.com very soon. I received info from someone who paid around $7000 to these crooks. Does anybody have contacts to the Belgian police?

Here's my introduction, if you haven't come across my site yet:

I track 419 and other scams by automatically extracting 419 scam email addresses as well as spam domains. My 419 feed delivers about 600-900 "419" scams emails per day. I archive all of that data and publish the most interesting bits to warn others.

I extract several hundred 419 mailbox addresses per day. I manually list cellphone numbers, bogus company names, aliases, bogus postal addresses from 419 scams, anything that people are likely to Google for.

I get a lot of email submissions from later stages of scams (including money transfer instructions) and try to track IP addresses to tie different versions of scams to common sources to map out the gangs behind them.

Joe
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun 20 Mar 2005 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

joewein wrote:
Hopefully the same fate will strike bruxellesfinance.com very soon. I received info from someone who paid around $7000 to these crooks. Does anybody have contacts to the Belgian police?

I have just checked the bank list at aa419.org and unfortunately it had not been previously logged. 419eater bank forum does not have it reported either... I shall be doing that presently.

Not sure if we have any contacts with Belgian Law Enforcement, I shall ask the question when I make the posting over at 419eater.

** edit**
bruxellescity.net has come back to life again.
Dr. Max Wieldruk
NEW Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon 21 Mar 2005 23:02    Post subject: Belgium Reply with quote

I'm in contact with a Belgian lady, who has been accosted by a Nigerian scammer who sends her flowers and fake cheques, more or less on a regular basis, Shocked and she, in turn, is in contact with a Belgian police officer who's in charge of 419 fraud. I'll ask her to inform the police about this fake bank, or she could give me the name and mail address of that policeman...
ieniemieniemie
NEW Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon 21 Mar 2005 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to let you all know...i am that belgian lady and i just reported the belgian police officer about both banks with a email.
I also will call him tomorow and see what he says, i am pretty sure they will take some action.
Smile glad i could help !!!
thanks for letting me know about this Max !!
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue 22 Mar 2005 00:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work Max, and welcome to the forum ieniemieniemie Glad to have you with us. It will be great if the Policeman can assist in this matter.
Dr. Max Wieldruk
NEW Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue 22 Mar 2005 07:33    Post subject: Well blow me down Reply with quote

I'm not surprised to meet you here again ieniemieniemie. (To other forum members: I only knew her by her real name...) Great to have you here, AND on 419eater, never knew it was you... Thumbs Up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> FAKE BANKS AND FRAUDULENT WEBSITES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: