SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am sure this is a scam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AllanT

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jul 2005 12:35    Post subject: I am sure this is a scam Reply with quote

I received this e-mail and it has to be a scam.

FRED KOFFI (Esq).
Principal Solicitor

FRED KOFFI & ASSOCIATES
Legal Practitioner & Property Consultants
........................................................................................................................................
5, Rue De L'ocam Tel ; 00.228.912.97.81
Behind Ranova Complex Lome E-mail; fred-koffi-associate@yahoo.co.uk
Lome - Togo
West Africa.

Dear,

Forgive my indignation if this message comes to you as a surprise and if it might offend you without your prior consent and writing through this channel.

I am Barrister Fred Koffi, a solicitor at law, personal attorney to MR. P. A. Trendell,a national of your country, who used to work with Shell Development Company in Republic of Togo. Here in after shall be referred to as my client.

On the 21st of April 2000, my client, his wife and their only daughter were involved in auto crash along ecowas express road. All occupants of the vehicle unfortunately lost there lives. Since then I have made several enquiries to your embassy here to locate any of my clients extended relatives, this has also proved unsuccessful.

After these several unsuccessful attempts,I decided to track his last name over the Internet, to locate any member of his family hence I contacted you.I have contacted you to assist in repartrating the fund valued at US$9.5 million left behind by my client before it gets confisicated or declared unserviceable by the SECURITY COMPANY here in Lome,Togo where this huge amount was deposited in a trunk box with other treasures.The said security company has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or have his account confisicated within the next twenty one official working days but they dont know the content of the box.

Since I have been unsuccesfull in locating the relatives for over 2 years now, I seek the consent to present you as the next of kin to the deceased since you have the same last names, so that the consignment can be delivered to you.

Therefore, on receipt of your positive response, we shall then discuss the sharing ratio and modalities for transfer.I have all necessary information and legal documents needed to back you up for claim.

All I require from you is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through. I guarantee that this will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

Please get in touch with me as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Fred Koffi (ESQ).
mirakl

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jul 2005 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this is 100% scam. Total crap, there is no money.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daneel_Oliwav
Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jul 2005 13:47    Post subject: Re: I am sure this is a scam Reply with quote

+ Let's see, we have the Esq part:
FRED KOFFI (Esq).
Principal Solicitor (At least it's not barrister Smile )

+ Free Yahoo email address:
fred-koffi-associate@yahoo.co.uk

+ West Africa:
Lome - Togo
(Not all 419 scammers are in west Africa, just most of them)

+ Coming as a surprise:
Forgive my indignation if this message comes to you as a surprise...
(Very common phrase)

+ Dead person with no living relatives bla bla bla...
On the 21st of April 2000, my client, his wife and their only daughter...

+ 9.5 million dollars in an unnamed security company:
US$9.5 million left behind by my client before it gets confisicated or declared unserviceable by the SECURITY COMPANY here in Lome,Togo

+ A trunk box:
where this huge amount was deposited in a trunk box with...
(Why is it almost always trunk boxes? I never really understood that)

+ Recipient of email happens to have the same last name, a name that isn't actually mentioned in the email:
now, I seek the consent to present you as the next of kin to the deceased since you have the same last names, so that the consignment...
(Sometimes the scammer may know your last name from wherever he found your email address, but it's less common)

Conclusion: Typical ridiculous 419 scam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> IS THIS A SCAM? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: