SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are your emails with the form "xxxx scampatrol.org"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> IS THIS WARNING GENUINE?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potential victim

PostPosted: Wed 01 Jun 2005 15:27    Post subject: Are your emails with the form "xxxx scampatrol.org" Reply with quote

Hi!

I´ve received the email specified below, aparently from one of your members, Eva Stewart, but the email hasn´t got the sacmpatrol´s domain but one from lycos (xxx@lycos.co.uk mod edit, removed email address to prevent spambots from catching it).

Just because I cannot understand how Eva Stewart could have known that this person (xxx) has email me and how she could have known my name, I´m thinking about the possibility that she´s not from your organization and she´s working together with criminals...

I´m waiting for your response, Thank you very much.

> WARNING! YOU ARE COMMUNICATING WITH A MEMBER OF A DANGEROUS CRIMINAL GANG. PLEASE READ THIS EMAIL CAREFULLY AND COMPLETELY.
>
> Dear (my name was here),
>
> I am a member of Scampatrol.org, which is a group of concerned citizens who prevent scammers from operating on the Internet. We have information from one of our informants that xxx (xxxx@yahoo.com) and his associates have targeted you for the theft of your money. Be aware that the person calling themselves xxx, is a known criminal involved in "Fake Check Fraud".
>
> Please understand that the transaction he proposes is not genuine. We are certain he is trying to scam you. We believe the specific nature of the scam this time is that he intends to send you a fraudulent certified check, supposedly for the purcahse of your item. He will ask you to refund him the difference between the purchase price and the amount of the check. In reality, even though your bank may pay you for the check, or even tell you it cleared, they will discover in a matter of days or weeks that the checks is false, and come back after YOU for the entire amount. This is a common scam which has cost people millions of dollars. He does not have access to the funds he describes. He is trying this scam on dozens of people at the same time.
>
> Further information regarding Fake Check Fraud can be found here:
>
> http://www.419legal.org
> http://www.secretservice.gov/alert419.shtml
> http://www.met.police.uk/fraudalert/419.htm
> http://www.scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/index.php
> http://www.scamorama.com
>
> We ask that you please do the following in response to this warning:
>
> 1. Please do not inform xxxx of this communication. By making the scammers aware of our informants you could be placing their lives in danger.
>
> 2. Please stop ALL communication with xxxxx immediately. Do not try to retaliate against the scammer, because he MAY HAVE ALL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, and doing so would alert him to the existence of our informants.
>
> 3. Please respond to this email when you can, so that we know you have received this warning.
>
> Please, contact your local law enforcement, and verify our claims. Doing so will cost you nothing, but may save you everything. Be aware that people have been kidnapped and killed when meeting with these criminals, we urge you to heed our warnings.
>
> If you have any further questions regarding this warning or the scam, please feel free to ask.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Eva Stewart
> Scampatrol Member
> http://www.scampatrol.org
>
>
Captain Igloo
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed 01 Jun 2005 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, and welcome to scampatrol.

Sometimes our warners still use their old email addresses for a while, and Eva Stewart is in fact one of them. You can also contact her at her scampatrol.org address (mod edit: removed address again).

Last edited by Captain Igloo on Thu 02 Jun 2005 15:17; edited 1 time in total
TarynK
Victim Support

PostPosted: Wed 01 Jun 2005 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear potential victim,

I am also a warner for scampatrol and I do know Eva Stewart is one of our warners here.

We do sometimes have to use other email addresses, for various reasons.

We get a lot of information from informants on the inside of these scam gangs, as well as information from general members of the public. I do not know which was the case in your situation but I am sure if you reply to Eva she will advise you as to how the details came to her. Sometimes we do not even know ourselves how scampatrol got the information, it may just be handed to us by a moderator or admin on the site and rather than ask where it came from we warners prefer to get the warning to victims as fast as we can, in the hope we can stop people from losing money.

I hope this answers your questions, if not just pop the questions here and I am sure they will be answered. Smile

Cheers,
Taryn
formula-t
Victim Support

PostPosted: Wed 01 Jun 2005 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

My name is Eva Stewart and I sent the warning to you from my lycos email address. You can contact me at that address or my Scampatrol email address if you need further information.

Regards
Eva
potential victim

PostPosted: Thu 02 Jun 2005 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much.
I´ve just email eva.
belawan
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jun 2005 03:12    Post subject: scam Reply with quote

Hi thanks for your sharing. I am already a victim to scam (west africa burkina faso). I lost USD15.5 K sent by western union (inheritance USD7.35 miullions) January, 2005 to May 2005.

Alert others and beware of these scammers.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Sat 25 Jun 2005 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the scams. Seems then NEVER stop sending me this shit. How can i jump on-board and help fight them? what does it take? how much risk do you face on a day-to-day level? Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Sat 25 Jun 2005 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG how can you loose that much money!!! I would NEVER EVER send anyome that much money!!!!! god help you
Captain Igloo
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun 26 Jun 2005 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say that now, but quite a few of these scammers are very good at what they do. If you don't know that such scams exist it is pretty easy to fall for them.

PostPosted: Thu 11 Aug 2005 06:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

How to trace these email addresses whether genuine or not (1) WILFRED CHAMBERS.
FROM THE DESK OF BARRISTER WILFRED MMADU, 112 IKOSILI ROAD BY AYASI CLOSE,OUAGADOUGOU,BURKINA FASO.
E-mail:wilfredmchambers@excite.com or wilfredchambers@latinmail.com
Tel:+226- 76 64 78 66.

(2) MOREOVER, YOU ARE ADVISED TO COMMUNICATE US THROUGH THIS EMAIL:iba_faso@financier.com OR FAX 00226-50-42-01-79/Tel:00226-78-88-01-25.

REV.CYPRAIN MARK.
DIRECTOR FOREIGN REMITTANCE DEPARTMENT.

(3) OF AFRICA IBA [iba_internationalbank@BankersMail.com]

How to trace and find out the genuine listing of banks in any country in the world. I want to know whether International Bank of Africa exist in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, West Africa. When I asked them to send me the lisitng of the bank, they ask me to go to Burkina Faso and check myself. What type of friends are these?

Can any one help?

Thanks.
Old Coaster
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Thu 11 Aug 2005 08:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking whether a bank is real or not is easy. Go to the South African Police Site dedicated to combatting 419 scams and find my list - Either click on this link or enter it into your browser yourself if you do not trust us
http://www.419legal.org/viewtopic.php?t=413

Now look for the country in which your supposed bank operates (it does not need to be headquartered there) and go to that country's regulator website. From there it is simple to establish the true position.

OC

PostPosted: Thu 11 Aug 2005 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. You are kind.
kwae
Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu 11 Aug 2005 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

One important thing to bear in mind when receiving these kinds of email, is the address from which it has been sent. Regarding the addresses that you have provided above: excite.com; latinmail.com; financier.com and bankersmail.com are all 'free' email addresses. Simply put, it means that obtaining these emails is immediate, does not cost anything, and can be registered by anyone on the planet. They do not have to provide any genuine personal details to obtain these, and often give false and untraceable information.

True professionals or organizations will never adopt such an email method for official purposes. This is a very good indicator as to the falseness of the contents of any such mails, and although sometimes the fraudsters use the names and locations of legitimate banks and other institutions, it is certain that these are not involved with any scam.

Fraudwatchers - Monitoring for Fraud
Baiting - the new Internet Blood Sport

PostPosted: Fri 12 Aug 2005 07:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed unecessary quote of previous post - Q

Thanks for your wisdom. I will come back to relate and share the latest communication with them (Princess Berry Feso, Barrister Wilfred Mmadu and Rev Cyrpian Mark the Director of Foreign Remittance Department of International Bank of Africa). Please read their emails separately below for your perusal.

Dear Brother Johnny,

Greetings!You might be wondering what has touched my heart that i have decided to email you today but more or less it is the same.You and brother wilfred have been in contact and he has been persuading me to reply your emails but for the fact that i have become angry with you,I dont know what to do.I did not blame you at the first time but only brother wilfred for inviting loss upon us by arranging with the bank to send to you my inheritance through somebody termed as diplomats which is not even a right way of transfering money.

My blame should only limit on brother wilfred but when i realised that you have turned off against us,i changed my mind with you.You claimed to be a good christian but you have a little faith to the extent that you can not be able to withstand a test or temptation.Yes,it is true that is a matter of lossing property but has not reached the extent of loosing life but why you will be decieved by the satan.

You dont need to be forgiven by me because i have tought very well and found out that from the first day i contacted you till today,I have not done anything to effect you or to cheat you rather than for us to gain together and be happy together in your country.

To tell you that fact,I am in surport with my father's lawyer brother wilfred when he made mention of introducing another person from china to the bank as your brother.

What do you want me to do since i have lost the whole things that brings joy to my life.If not God,I would have been a dead person now as i only found my joy always whenever i am in search of the words of God which are the words to live with.God said that we shall not die but we shall live to declare his goodness.

Before,I go further,I want to know what do you think we are doing now since we have been hung up by the bank with their transfer charge as i heard from my father's lawyer.

Regards,

Sister Berry.
Dear Brother Johnny,

Thank you for your email.I am happy you have made me known more about what happened that made you to started suspecting me and my father's lawyer even without remembering our prior promises.Nobody has not failed his or her promise after the confusion casused by the bank by sending money to you by Courier company.I only marvelled and decided to stop replying your emails when it happens that the whole emails i recieved from you contained all kind of abuse.

Anywhere it is all gone.Let us come back to our normal senses and know what is right before God and man.I am very sorry that you have lost a lot in trying to help me.When i contacted you at the first time to help me so that my inheritance fund will be transfered into your account,i have never intended that neither you nor me will loose anything but now,We all are bankrupts.I have become duped to the extent that i have stop going to school for long and even my younger brother.I sold my phone after my line has been inactive that it can not even be connected simply because we have no food items in the house.

I sold also the only inherited car from my father on which i kept on regrecting till today.God knows all these and it is only me and you that dont know.I have heard since from my father's lawyer that the money is recalled back here after you have spent a very big money in claiming the money from Coulibaly in indonesia.

I have even visited the bank(IBA) with him after i have realised that you have made the bank known that the fund belong to my late father.I went there with him just to make sure the the money is really secured in the bank and when i found out,i got relaxed.I have suggested with brother wilfred to go to the bank and know if they can release to us any amount from total the sum before we shall be attacked roughly by hunger and according to the bank it is impossible unless if the money has been transfered to your account.

We are in a very bad condition here to the extent that nothing is moving well for me anymore.I have no job to be helping my family and my fathers lawyer brother wilfred is not supplying us with enough money to be taking care of ourselves especially in feeding level.It is very painful brother.

I dont know when God will come and save us from this kind of temptation.Its only because of $1000 dollars that has made us not to conclude this uptill now.It is really painful.I believe God will intervain in His own time to get us survived.

I will be waiting to hearing from you.I will also be verifying to know everything myself in the bank.I can not leave all to my father's lawyer.

Regards,

Sister Berry.

I replied your email and below is the email i sent you on saturday.read it if it happened that you did not.I talked with Sister Berry and she promised to email you also.haven't you heard from her yet.let me know urgently.

Dear Brother Johnny,

I think you would have understand why we contacted Pong Eugene to come and finalise this transaction.If it happened that you dont know,it is because we are trying to make you know that all you have been suspecting that we are is not what we are.It is for us be able to send you the money you have spent so far.

We dont mean to betray you or scale you a away from this.Now,Pong Eugene wanted to pay the whole $2500 but the problem we have with him now is that the bank is still under negotiation with him since they heard nothing from you because i introduced Pong Eugene as a brother to you in the bank.

If not because of the above reason,we would have sent you some money representing all you have spent.If you wouldn't mind,understand very well that if I and Princess Berry Feso can be able to come up with the rest of the money excluding the one promised by Rev.Mark,we would have done that but the issue is that we are no more in good term with you after all causes you have rendered upon us.You are not God.God know who is right and who is wrong and at the last day,we can not see each other but whoever did the right thing know where he or she is going.

If you really want to finalise this with us,kindly tell me the day you can be able to send the $1000 usd any moment next week to avoid the bank to confirm the transfer of the fund into the account of Mr. Pong Eugene.I have informed Sister Berry about your email and she said she will reply you.Let us concentrate on the fact.Dont ever cause anybody whom God has blessed to avoid inviting cause upon your house hold.

We need to realise this money together for us to jubilate together after this great loss.Dont you know that i have spent the whole savings i have done for life and now,i am living only from hand to mouth.Things are very hard now for me to the extent that no matter any effort,i can not be able to please my family talkless of that of Sister Berry.They extremly need a great help now because both the mother and younger brother is in a suituation of calamity fearing that they have lost their inheritance after loosing their father.

Reply this email as early as possible.

Brother Wilfred.

HELLO MR.JOHNNY KAPONG,

YOUR EMAIL IS RECIEVED AND THE CONTENT IS WELL NOTED.FIRSTLY,I WANT TO INFORM YOU THAT YOU HAVE INSULTED ME TO THE LIMIT OF MY ENDURANCE.YOUR INSULT TO ME AND THE ENTIRE INTERNATIONAL BANK OF AFRICA IS NOW TOO MUCH.I HAVE TOLERATED ENOUGH OF IT.

I DONT NEITHER KNOW YOU NOR WILFRED MMADU AT THE FIRST TIME TILL ONLY WHEN HE CAME TO THE BANK REQUESTING FOR A VACANT ON WHERE A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF SEVEN MILLION THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS WILL BE DEPOSITED FOR TELEX TRANSFER TO A FORIEGN ACCOUNT IN MALAYSIA IN YOUR NAME.

HE DID NOT MEET ME AT THE FIRST TIME BUT HE WAS ONLY INTRODUCED TO ME BY MY SECRETARY WHOM HE MET AND AFTER EXPLAINING TO ME WHAT HE WANTED AND HOW HE WANTED IT,I DECIDED TO HELP HIM SO THAT THE FUND WILL BE RELEASED TO YOUR ACCOUNT THROUGH OUR BANK.

SINCE THEN TILL TODAY,THERE IS NOTHING WE HAVE DONE TO YOU WHICH IS AGAINST THE RULE OF THIS BANK OR THAT OF THIS COUNTRY BUT WHY DO YOU PERSITED CALLING ME A SCAMMER INDIRECTLY????I DONT HAVE TIME TO WRITE TOO MUCH.I WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH BOTH THE ANTI-TERRORIST AND THE RECIEPTS WE HAVE GIVEN TO YOUR LAWYER WHEN HE PAID FOR THE ANTITERRORIST CERTIFICATE AND EVEN THE FIRST BANK TRANSFER CHARGE AND AFTER THEN,BEAR YOU IN MIND THAT I WILL NOT CONTRIBUTE A SINGLE CENT TO HELP PAY THE BANK TRANSFER CHARGE AND FOR THE MONEY I SPENT IN HELPING TO CARGO YOUR FUND AT THE FIRST TIME,YOU WILL SEND IT TO ME BEFORE YOUR FUND WILL BE REMITTED TO YOUR ACCOUNT.

FURTHER MORE,WITHOUT YOU COMING DOWN HERE AND SEE YOUR SELF THAT MY BANK IS EXISTING AS YOU SUSPECTED,I CAN NOT RELEASE YOUR FUND.YOU MUST COME DOWN HERE.I AM OCCASIONALLY BECOME ANGRY WITH PERSON BUT WHENEVER I BECOME,IT WILL RESULT TO A REALISATION.WITHOUT YOU COMING DOWN HERE,I KNOW REALLY THAT YOU WILL KEEP ON CALLING ME SCAMMER INDIRECTLY.DONT ALLOW ME TO CURSE YOU FOR THE BAD WORDS YOU HAVE USED UPON ME BECAUSE I ONLY DECIDED TO HELP YOU AND NOTHING MORE.WHERE AM I SUPPOSE TO BE BLAMED WHILE I HAVE BEEN DOING MY WORK BASED ON THE LAW GUIDING THE BANK???

YES,I ONLY DECIDED TO CARGO YOUR FUND TO YOU VIA COURIER COMPANY TO YOU SIMPLY BECAUSE I THOUGHT YOU ARE WORRIED AND YOU HAVE BEEN DISTURBING ME ON PHONE AND I DONT KNOW WHEN OUR SYSTEM WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL.I LATER CONFESSED THAT IT IS MY MISTAKE AND YOU ARE STILL SHOUTING ON ME.LOOK,STOP DISTURBING MY PEACE IF YOU CAN NOT COME DOWN HERE BECAUSE I HAVE MANY THINGS DOING NOT ONLY YOUR OWN PROJECT.

THANK YOU.

REV.CYPRAIN MARK

Please help me to analyze.

Wilfred Mmadu and Berry Feso have already contacted a man from Beijing, China called Pong Eugene and introduyced to the bank (IBA) as my brother to dupe USD2500 to pay for bank transfer charges into his account. Very clever indeed. They are looking for victims elsewhere around the world. Now they aim at China.

Waiting for feedbacks from any one from this forum.

Thanks.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> IS THIS WARNING GENUINE? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: