SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TechStar Labs Victims....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> REQUEST HELP
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon 22 Aug 2005 02:40    Post subject: TechStar Labs Victims.... Reply with quote

Im curious as to how many of you were scammed by them that actually went through with the cashing of the checks ....(I just cashed 4 of them the other day)

what happened to you? did the check bounce and did the police come looking for you? Did you get arrested? Did you have to pay the bank back? if it was a big amount did they allow you to set up a payment plan? If you got up to the part where it bounces, how much money did you lose?

just trying to find others for support who have actually went through with this scam

**I fell for it bc I desparatly needed the money and now Im going to return the money minus the part I spent and see if they will set up a plan for me to pay it back
**I will probably print out all the emails, take the envelope with the contracts and a word document that has copies of the checks to a local secret service agency
Old Coaster
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon 22 Aug 2005 08:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest may I ask why you are curious? Unfortunately, these scams have a well documented history. The cheques are either fake or the money has been sent to you under false pretenses.

In the first instance the bank will demand its money back, so you will have to find the cash you sent on to refund it. The bank's argument is that you are expected to know the circumstances of the issuer of the cheque and they are merely acting as your agent The cheque is assumed to be good and therefore clears after a set period. Eventually, the fraud will be noticed and you have to repay. It is likely that if you cashed several fake cheques, you will be deemed to be a party to the fraud and may end up being arrested.

In the second, when the victim discovers that he or she has been duped, they will demand to know through which account the cheque was cashed and the police will come knocking on your door demanding answers. Again as you have cashed 4 cheques, you will look like an accessory to the fraud.

Do not try to kid yourself that you can bluff it out. Particularly now as you are aware of the con.

I would strongly recommend that you go first to the Police with all the information in your possession and tell them your story. Then go to the bank with the same details and ask for their help in sorting out the problem. That way you are more likely to be believed.

Good luck!
valeriebeth
NEW Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon 22 Aug 2005 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the one asking about that....just looking for support from other victims and to know how it was handled with them.....you act like its no big deal but my life has been ruined....

now im really in deep shit..... Crying or Very sad

how long does it take for a check to bounce?

cause the woman at the bank said it would show up on my account tonight and I have to pay the difference in 45 days...and she said that if it bounced there wouldnt be any criminal charges....and made me deposit the money that I wanted to return in my bank account....

Im confused...the check will bounce in a matter of 2 days? OH MY LORD....

there is no way I can pay $565 in 45 days....If I dont pay in 45 days my account will be closed and my credit will be ruined......that is so sad to be 23 and have ruined credit.... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

yeah and now I wont be able to pay my bills....IM RUINED...

Now would be the perfect time to die.whats a good way to kill myself.... . Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

any rich ppl who can loan me some money? I'll pay it back I PROMISE. Im good on paying back but I just cant pay it in 45 days......I was hoping that the bank would let me pay it back by December but they werent that nice or sympathetic of a poor girl who lives paycheck to paycheck....

now I got to hurry and get those forbearance forms in the mail....

now I wish I could kill those scammers for ruining my life..its not fair they keep getting away with this.. Evil or Very Mad .
mirakl

PostPosted: Mon 22 Aug 2005 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have all my sympathy. This is a really sad story. However you know it's not worth killing yourself over $565. No one can lend you the money either. We can only offer you some limited support. You will just have to talk to your bank and the local police. I would strongly suggest you visit www.scamvictimsunited.com if you're looking for other victims of these scammers. They're in a far better position to support and advise you through this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
frazzle
**BANNED**

PostPosted: Tue 23 Aug 2005 04:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have my sympathy too, but I don't get it.

If you banked a check for $565 2 days ago, surely you've still got most of the $565 left? Or if you bought something, you can sell it. Maybe you'll lose a bit, but maybe $100 at most.

How are you ruined?
Q

PostPosted: Tue 23 Aug 2005 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

@frazzle: the $565 comes mostly from the Western Union fee which was not returnable. The actual cheque was for an amount nearer to $6000
Witch
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue 23 Aug 2005 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of your questions have been answered at the other site valeriebeth,no one here can lend money.
And talking of suicide is like you trying to blackmail us,please don't do that.
And if you are seriously contemplating this,we can give you links to health agencies to discuss it.
Old Coaster
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed 24 Aug 2005 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now would be the perfect time to die.whats a good way to kill myself....

The best way is to hold your breath for 15 minutes. It always works and is painless!

You are being very silly.
Sudsman
Victim Support

PostPosted: Wed 24 Aug 2005 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

(EDIT: Highly insensitive post by "Victim Support" guy deleted for malicious content.)

Cheers!
Q

PostPosted: Wed 24 Aug 2005 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread appears to going down a negative route. I don't think there is anything more to add. So I'm turning out the lights on the way out.

Valerie we are sorry for your loss and hope that you can sort everything out, but we can't lend you money. You will have to negiogate a repayment plan with your bank.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> REQUEST HELP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: