SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sagittarius Professional Finance

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed 31 Aug 2005 21:08    Post subject: Sagittarius Professional Finance Reply with quote

I have been submitting Papers and doc. for a business loan I have been talking to these people for about a week so far they have only asked for 500.00 to be sent by Western Union and they will grant me the loan. However with our world the way it is today I want to know if anyone else has had any dealings with this group. Good or Bad [please let me know]
Respectfully,
Old Coaster
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed 31 Aug 2005 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know any serious bank that asks to be paid by Western Union? 99.9% certain it is a fake.

What details do you have of this organisation so we can check it out.

OC
frazzle
**BANNED**

PostPosted: Wed 31 Aug 2005 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Old Coaster said.

Here's a checklist of things that indicate whether it is probably a scam. The list isn't definitive, but if I got more than one or two 'Yes', I'd be very dubious. If I got more than three, I'd never give them money up front. Five or more... don't bother talking to them at all.

1. Is their email address from a free provider like Yahoo or Hotmail?

2. Is their web page address from a free provider, if they have one?

3. Are they new to the Web? Try Googling their name... not many hits is bad.

4. Is their phone number a mobile?

5. Is their phone number in Nigeria, Ghana or similar?

6. Do their names or voices sound Nigerian?

7. Does this deal need to be concluded really quickly?

8. Is their English bad, especially after the first couple of emails?

9. Has all your interaction with them been by email and phone? No actual paper to sign and send back? They haven't sent you any actual signed paper?

10. Were the documents you received scanned images of garbage quality?

11. Did they ask for your full ID, including address, phone number, and a copy of your passport and/or bank account?

12. Did you receive an email from them offering an unbelievably good deal?

13. Do they want you to do something illegal? (e.g. pretending that you're related to a deceased person, smuggling money out of a country, claim a contract overpayment)

14. Do they want money up front?

15. Do they want money sent by some anonymous method like Western Union or MoneyGram?

16. Do you get passed from a 'nice guy' to a 'lawyer' or 'banker' who pressures you for quick payment, whilst the 'nice guy' begs you to pay up?

Try Google... it appears that "Sagittarius Professional Services" has a presence, but "Sagittarius Professional Finance" doesn't.

The real finance companies I have dealt with have all suggested taking the fees out of the loan. Try suggesting that to Sagittarius.

By my count Guest has AT LEAST 3 hits on the checklist (we'll accept that a finance company will want your personal details). 3, 14, 15.

To assess further, we need their email address, web page, phone number, and other information.

If you answer 'Yes' to any of the other questions, don't touch it with a bargepole.
sweettemptations
NEW Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed 31 Aug 2005 23:52    Post subject: more on Sagittarius Proffesional Finance Reply with quote

Hear is the information for you to check out the group more:
E-mail: sagittariusprofessionalfinance@yahoo.co.uk
barristernchaffman@cliffhanger.com
sagittariusprofessionalfinance@blazemail.net
Phone: 44-7031-944428
Fax: 44-2081-7049
I feel the paper work is alright They did not have any of the other numbers in the check list. I have spoken to these people by phone- e-mail and fax. As soon as you find out something let me know! Thank you all again:)
Scam Patroller

PostPosted: Thu 01 Sep 2005 01:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Sun 27 Nov 2005 16:58; edited 1 time in total
frazzle
**BANNED**

PostPosted: Thu 01 Sep 2005 02:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't say what their voices sound like, or how good their English is. Let's assume they have fine upperclass British accents and use words like 'prodigious' and 'extraordinary', and you somehow found them yourself, despite their total lack of a Net presence.

1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 14, 15 = 7 hits on the checklist = don't bother talking to them at all. This is definitely a scam.

Here's some homework:

1. Find a real bank that uses yahoo for its email.

2, 3. Find a real bank that doesn't have a web site, and hasn't had one for years.

4. Find a real bank that uses a mobile phone as its sole telephone line.

9. Find a real bank that doesn't use paper documents with real signatures.

14. Find a real bank that wants fees paid up front.

15. Find a real bank that wants money sent via WU (Think about this one a little. They're a f*cking bank! Their job is shifting money round the damn world. And they want you to use their competition to send money to them!)

Now, off the top of my head I'd guess that at most 1 bank in a 100,000 actually uses Yahoo for their email. And 1 in 100,000 decides not to have a web site. And 1 in a million only uses mobile phones. And 1 in 10,000 has achieved the paperless office. And 1 in a million has been ripped off so often that they collect fees up front. And 1 in a million isn't actually connected to the inter-bank communications system. what are the odds that ONE 'bank' will have all these characteristics? Well, it's 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

For comparison, the odds on you being hit by a meteorite, if you live to 100, are about 20 billion to one. That's 1 in 20,000,000,000

In the real world, odds of 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 means IMPOSSIBLE.

Since it's not a bank, what is it? Well, it's a scam.

As you've been told 3 times so far.

There is nothing more to find out.
Old Coaster
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Thu 01 Sep 2005 10:01    Post subject: Re: more on Sagittarius Proffesional Finance Reply with quote

sweettemptations wrote:
I feel the paper work is alright

You mean it is typed and has the "red seal of truth"?

Unless you are an experienced financier, I doubt if you are able to see whether the "small print" is correct or not. It may well be however, as it will have been copied from a mortgage agreement from a local bank etc.

I am now 100% certain it is a scam. Walk away!

OC
Former Member2
*** Account closed at users request***

PostPosted: Thu 01 Sep 2005 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you still are not convinced. Please take the paperwork to the manager of your local bank and ask him/her to look over it for you.
sweettemptations
NEW Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu 01 Sep 2005 22:12    Post subject: I want to thank everyone.... Reply with quote

I felt it was a scam which is why I did not send them any money. I just wanted to see what others thought about it. I want to think everyone for their advice, it helped me to see more clearly. I had my doubts, however I wanted others thoughts.
Respectfully
Scam Patroller

PostPosted: Thu 01 Sep 2005 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> REQUEST HELP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: