SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

do you guys use this email

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> IS THIS WARNING GENUINE?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri 16 Sep 2005 00:50    Post subject: do you guys use this email Reply with quote

scam_patrol2004@yahoo.com i am baiting a scammer and got and email warning me about him. thanks for the warning. if this is legit then you guys are doing good work.
Q

PostPosted: Fri 16 Sep 2005 00:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep that's one of ours. Smile

PostPosted: Fri 16 Sep 2005 01:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Im about to send to down to WU to "get" his money. Had him on the line for a few weeks now. Fing mugu Laughing Well you guys are doing good work. Keep on warning people and I will keep on baiting them in my free time.
Former Member2
*** Account closed at users request***

PostPosted: Fri 16 Sep 2005 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the thumbs up, you may like to have a look at this site too :- www.419eater.com

PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep 2005 01:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a second warning but this time from a <scam_patrol2004@yahoo.com (with the < in front of it the first did not use the <). It asked me if i got the first warning but did not give this website and asked me to reply if I was a baiter. Since im not sure if it was you guys I did not reply. Thanks again. i use XXXX@XXX.com. So whoever sent it yes I got them both and yes Im baiting him. If you do post this please edit out my email or you can just email me. Just was funny that there was two emails sent to me but one had the <. I will reply to the first since I know its was ligit. Thanks again.

fungus 419eater.com is where I learned the game of scambaiting. This is my first and its kinda fun when you have a little free time.
Q

PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep 2005 01:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

< is not a character you can have in an email address. You can have letters a-z, number 0-9, hyphens '-' and dots '.' plus of course the at symbol '@' in the middle of the address.

A numbers of email clients will enclose email address with '<' and '>' either end. If this is the case its the same email address.

PostPosted: Sat 17 Sep 2005 05:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Q. Either way please take out my email addy. I dont want the scammer to see it.

Moderator Comment Done! OC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> IS THIS WARNING GENUINE? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: