SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A new scam: fake hotel and fake conference site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> INFORMATION RELATED TO SCAMS AND OTHER FRAUD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samir
Victim Support

PostPosted: Fri 14 Jul 2006 23:38    Post subject: A new scam: fake hotel and fake conference site Reply with quote

Instead of sticking to the old stories about late dictators and corrupt officials, some scammers chose to create a fake conference site with quite a strange name: "National Conference Against Racism Discrimination and Safety". I do hate racism and discrimination, but I wonder what's so bad with safety. Anyway, the domain name rings a bell: ncards.org. Does this imply a former carder organization? (carders are credit card fraudsters).

The gang operates this way:

They spam this letter, wich refers to this fraudulent site.

Then victims are asked to register in a fake hotel (formerly www.hotellenovetel.com, now suspended thanks to aa419.org) and send money for their rooms. Since the fake hotel site is suspended, some victims are asked to send money for health certificates or several excuses.

Some victims have received the following letter (private info removed. Click on the images to see a larger version):

Last edited by Samir on Tue 18 Jul 2006 22:57; edited 2 times in total
Faith
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat 15 Jul 2006 03:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Samir- I'm on this one. Very Happy
There's more there than meets the eye, and I'm after the whole enchilada Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> INFORMATION RELATED TO SCAMS AND OTHER FRAUD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: