SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New scam in Japan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> INFORMATION RELATED TO SCAMS AND OTHER FRAUD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eight
Victim Support

PostPosted: Mon 24 Jul 2006 12:25    Post subject: New scam in Japan Reply with quote

I've recently had word of a phone-based scam being operated in Japan. The caller pretends to be the child of a vulnerable elderly person and sounds very distressed. They spin a line about being in severe financial difficulties and demand money be sent to help them. The scammers must be doing considerable research to find their targets, since it would take a particularly vulnerable victim not to recognise that this was not their child. I gather from the person who told me about it that the scammers are using very imperative language which is uncommon in Japan, particularly when a child is speaking to a parent, so that may contribute to the victim's confusion.

Since this is all phone-based we are unlikely to see any, but I mention it here so that people are aware.
mirakl

PostPosted: Mon 24 Jul 2006 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Bloody hell that's soul-less!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
noxy
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon 24 Jul 2006 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll pass this on to Joe Wein and another Japanese member at FW.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> INFORMATION RELATED TO SCAMS AND OTHER FRAUD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: