SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free Lotto Website

View previous topic :: View next topic  
videobob
Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri 07 Jan 2005 19:29    Post subject: Free Lotto Website Reply with quote

Does anybody knw anything about the free lotto website?
www.freelotto.com
Scam Patroller

PostPosted: Fri 07 Jan 2005 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Sun 27 Nov 2005 17:06; edited 4 times in total
Q

PostPosted: Fri 07 Jan 2005 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lads will often use a real legit websites in their scam mails to make their scam seem more believeable. I've seen scam mails claiming to be affilated with the Camelot and gave the URL : www.national-lottery.co.uk

PostPosted: Sun 23 Jan 2005 01:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a scam I got the same email, and the ref numbers are identical
ginster

PostPosted: Mon 14 Feb 2005 20:07    Post subject: Lottery Scam Reply with quote

Recently replied to scammer for winning a lottery. I sent in my work fax and work phone number which happens to be a law firm. I also signed my name. Can these jerks do anything with the info I sent them. Surprised Surprised Please advise.
Q

PostPosted: Mon 14 Feb 2005 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ginster! Welcome to scampatrol!

The first thing you need to do is cease all contact with the scammers! If its possible change your email address. If this is not possible just block the email addresses they contact you from. If they try to contact you from a new email address, don't reply, just block this email address as well. When they realise you're not replying they will lose interest and move on.

The reason is that the majority of scammer use internet cafés to scam from, so they pay for the time they are there, therefore they are not going to waste time writing to you if they no longer think there is a chance that they will be successful in their attempt to scam you.

If they do call you just tell them that its a wrong number. If they call back do exactly the same. They will give up and just assume that they were given a wrong number.

In my experience from baiting scammers although they ask for fax numbers they never actually do send faxes, but if a fax does turn up, just ignore it and either shred or bin it.
ginster

PostPosted: Tue 15 Feb 2005 03:39    Post subject: Lottery Scam Reply with quote

Thankyou scampatrol. I shall take your advice. Thanks and thank you for your site! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> IS THIS A SCAM? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: