SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

please help getting desperate for answers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faith_within
Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu 03 Feb 2005 13:08    Post subject: please help getting desperate for answers Reply with quote

HI I recieved an email of you guys warning me that I had been scammed by this certain person but I am still recieving these emails I had not replyed to them. This person is not on the 419 list as I had a look or anywhere else. In myself I know they are scamming me though what can I do to stop the emails as they are persistant that I answer them.

Thank you for taking the time to read and hopefully reply to this.

Sad
Q

PostPosted: Thu 03 Feb 2005 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the scammer you are still receiving the emails from or is it us?

It is estimated that there is anything between 50,000 to 100,000 scammers operating out of Nigeria alone and many more worldwide. There is no speific list to check if someone is a scammer or legit. It would be almost impossible to keep track of all the scammer and what their current aliasies were (which they change frequently).

If you want to stop emails the best thing to do is block the email addresses that they are coming from. Although if scammers know that they aren't getting through they will probably just change their email address and start contacting you from a new one. So if its feasible change your email address, and get yourself a new account. However I understand this is not always practical.
faith_within
Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu 03 Feb 2005 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry the emails are from the spammer not from you guys I have only heard from you all once ever.
M_Saeed_Al_Sahhaf
Victim Support

PostPosted: Thu 03 Feb 2005 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faith,

You have a PM
faith_within
Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu 03 Feb 2005 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry not sure how to read or look at pms it says I have one but I do not see where it is at all. I am all new at this thing so do nto know how it works Question
M_Saeed_Al_Sahhaf
Victim Support

PostPosted: Thu 03 Feb 2005 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top right of the screen, next to the profile link, click on the message link. This will take you to your PM box.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> IS THIS A SCAM? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: