SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hoax or not?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
samaritan

PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb 2005 16:47    Post subject: hoax or not? Reply with quote

Hello people,
The strangest things happen.Okay,but this is it.I have received an email where the Trust Security Company is involved,located in Abidjan,Ivory Coast.So they say,there is also an offshore bankl of them located in London,UK.Like i have read they also want my personal info so that the consignment can be put in my name .But there is also a fee to be payed for the time that the consigment has been in their safekeeping.A depositbox is being rented by the year,and depending on the volume of the box,it can go until 100$ a year.Now these guys TSC,charge rent by the day.
I would like to know if anyone knows that company for real in Abidjan or in London.Is this a real bank or what?Or is the whole story only a way to become my personal info.I would be happy to get some response.I can tell that the documents they are sending look official,but that doesn't have to mean anything ofcourse..
Hope to hear.
the samaritan
jez
Victim Support

PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb 2005 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Samaritan
This is a scam - enter Trust Security Company in Google and you will find this link, as well as this, among others.
There is no consignment. They will ask you to pay a fee which they will take and, if you're lucky, you'll never hear from them again!
Delete the email and block their address so they can't contact you.
the samaritan

PostPosted: Mon 28 Feb 2005 15:50    Post subject: trust security company Reply with quote

Hello,scampatrol,Jez,
In this whole scenario they have been asking to put my name,adress,in some official papers so that the consignment could be shipped over to Europe.What are the consequences if my name would be on those papers.I haven't signed anything.Would i be legally obligated to pay their fee of 20$ a day rent for the time that this consignment has been in their safekeeping?
These people don't even know my real name,so no problem in there.They also said that they would ship the consignment to their London office.I would like to know if all this has been put in scene to have a legal ground to take that rental fee.
Is there anyone who has followed this until the very end?
Bye,hope to hear from you.
the samaritan
Q

PostPosted: Mon 28 Feb 2005 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry too much if you have passed on your real name to the scammers, there is no much they can do with it, and by no means are you legally obliged to pay their $20 a day fee.

There are trying to charge you for a service that they are not providing. THE CONSIGNMENT DOESN'T EXIST!

So even if they did try and take you to court for non payment, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> REQUEST HELP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: