Working to protect
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Scam from Paris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> IS THIS A SCAM?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

PostPosted: Fri 04 Mar 2005 23:34    Post subject: New Scam from Paris Reply with quote

I responded to a Help Wanted Ad on Craigslist, Work at Home, Big Income... The response I received looked questionable, and the Craiglists scam dept says it is a scam. I thought it might be a good idea to post it. Here's the reposne I got:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please let me to introduce myself, I am Calvin Herdes, sales representative of the BESTCOMPUSALES LTD. based in Paris, France. Our company is looking to sign a Company / Foreign Agent Agreement in order to deposit their U.S sales founds into a company / individual US bank account. Our company customers agrees to deposit founds into a company / individual US bank account if the company /individual agrees to accept, 10 % of these founds as payment for services. The company /individual is then responsible for wiring the remaining 90% of the founds to one or more of ours local distributors. The service fees associated with wiring these founds will be deducted from the 90 % sent back to the company or the company's designated local distributor.

All our customers use Bank Of America so for the payments to arrive in your account faster we would like you to apply for an Bank Of America account

In order for our customers to deposit these funds into the U.S bank account we will be needing full info of the U.S bank account as:








We ask you to open a new bank account with 0 balance with internet banking available (we need to check the transactions online to see when a buyer pays)

If you, as a manager of a company or as an individual, wish to sign a Company / Foreign Agent Agreement in the condition above mentioned please please print and fill in the form (attached to this email - PDF format). Then scan it and e-mail it back to us or fax it at at our fax number found on page 1 of the Foreign Agent Agreement

Calvin Herdes Sales Representative

BestCompuSales LTD

19 Rue du General Bertrand

75007 Paris


Contact: Calvin Herdes
Back to top

PostPosted: Fri 04 Mar 2005 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is looks like money laundering. Definately a scam of some sorts anyway! I'm glad you spotted what it was! Very Happy
Back to top
Forum Member

Joined: 28 Nov 2004, 23:37
Posts: 5
Location: South of you

PostPosted: Mon 07 Mar 2005 03:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is DEFINITELY a scam. Fake checks are deposited by someone into your bank account and you then send 90% of the funds to your 'employer'.

Then the fake check dishonours and the bank comes after you for 100% of the funds.

Let's look at it: What company would allow 10% of their income to be siphoned off by people completely unknown to them. Why would any legit company allow their funds to pass through third parties (you). In this modern day, shuffling money around like that is just crazy.

By the way... the length of time a check might take to dishonour could be months. I have heard up to a year, but I am not able to confirm this. You could be approached by the bank some months later, after you have processed a number of transactions for that dodgy company and be asked for the return of tens of thousands of dollars.

Did you notice that the company has an AOL mail account?? Ridiculous. It's just not credible.

Definitely leave it alone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> IS THIS A SCAM? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group