SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Played along with Scam for interest but things to always ask

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> YOUR STORY AND EXPERIENCES WITH SCAMMERS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddimmick1980
NEW Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri 18 Mar 2005 15:19    Post subject: Played along with Scam for interest but things to always ask Reply with quote

I recently had an email claiming a long lost relative had dieds and I had inherited $7.3 dollars. He (Issac) was the solicitor dealing with the moeny and would would charge me 55% of it as a finders fee. As soon as I read this I thought whats the catch but contunied to play along.

Eventually it got to a point where money was asked for to pay for court fees for the money to be transphered.

*NEVER PAY*

I put it to him that to show a will of good faith this should be paid for by him as he was at then end of the day receiveg a proportion of the money.

Evenutally he backed down, and said he would pay.

The next incounter was that I had to open an of shore account for the money to be paid into, I opened account and then found out that they want $2500 to open the account which I would get back once the account was open.

I Stated to them "Why dont you have the money transphered to an englsih account as they dont charge to be set up and no proper bank would charge for an account to be set up" His reply was something to do with some Nigerian law. To play along I agreeded to pay the money if they supplied me with an account I could mae a BACS payment to. They asked me to pau via Western union.

*NEVER PAY VIA WESTERN UNION IT IS UNTRACEABLE AND COULD BE OBTAINED USING FALSE ID*

Eventually it all come to ahead as I got bored with palying with them, be careful out there on the web, and remember these 2 main points

1 - NEVER PAY MONEY TO RECEIVE MONEY
2 - CHECK ORGIN OF ALL DOMIAN NAMES USED WILL GIVE GOOD IDEA IF YOU DEALING WITH A LEGITAMATE COMPANY.
Far_Cry
Victim Support

PostPosted: Fri 18 Mar 2005 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should come over to 419eater for some more scambaiting fun! A lot (if not all) of the members here can also be found there!

And BTW, what happened to the website's? Were they reported to anyone? If necessary you can report them to me by PM'ing me.

Far_Cry
jez
Victim Support

PostPosted: Fri 18 Mar 2005 19:42    Post subject: Re: Played along with Scam for interest but things to always Reply with quote

ddimmick1980 wrote:
I1 - NEVER PAY MONEY TO RECEIVE MONEY
2 - CHECK ORGIN OF ALL DOMIAN NAMES USED WILL GIVE GOOD IDEA IF YOU DEALING WITH A LEGITAMATE COMPANY.

Good advice, and even if you're "playing" with them, just make sure you're safe - never give them any real details about yourself, and always contact them from a free email account in a false name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> YOUR STORY AND EXPERIENCES WITH SCAMMERS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: