SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this real or just another Hoax

View previous topic :: View next topic  
asalwaysJ
NEW Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri 15 Apr 2005 08:52    Post subject: Is this real or just another Hoax Reply with quote

I have been notified by email over the last year that I am the next of kin for a man who has pasted and until recently I did not think anything of it - i need help to figure out if it is a scam and what to do - No he can not contact me by phone because I Have bloccked all incoming calls and I told him before we go futher - i had to contact an attorney - I need to know Shocked
M_Saeed_Al_Sahhaf
Victim Support

PostPosted: Fri 15 Apr 2005 09:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dead relative scam is a staple 419 scam. Let me guess:

1. Horrible Autocrash
2. Plane Crash
3. Sudden Illness

The excuse varies, but the essential elements of the scam is that the deceased deposited a huge suitcase full of cash shortly before shuffling of this mortal coil. Didn't leave a next of kin and this money has just been sitting there. To create a sense of urgency the Government or the Bank is about to grab the cash unless you can step in and claim to be next of kin. This guy has searched the Internet to find the next of kin etc

Oh and its 100% risk free and you're guaranteed to get the cash etc etc

Its a SCAM, by the sound of your post you already suspect that. Don't contact them, don't email them, ignore them and they'll go away. Don't even think of stringing them along as I'm guessing if they have your phone number they have more personal details including your address.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> IS THIS A SCAM? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: