SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SWITZERLAND LOTTERY Certificate of Award

View previous topic :: View next topic  
novawanders
NEW Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun 13 Aug 2006 13:10    Post subject: SWITZERLAND LOTTERY Certificate of Award Reply with quote

"This is to certify that:
Aug 02 2006
*my name*
After a successful completion of the third category draws of The Switzerland Lotto, held at Geneva Switzerland, we are pleased to inform you of the official announcement today that you have emerged one of the winners of the SWITZERLAND INTERNATIONAL LOTTERY PROGRAMS, which is part of our promotional draws. Participants were selected through a ballot system drawn from 8,000,000 names and addresses of individuals who previously signed for the North American Sweepstakes as part of our International Promotions Program. Your ticket emerged as a winning ticket and consequently won in the Third Category. You have therefore been awarded a lump sum pay out of USD $65,000.00, which is the winning payout for third category winners. This is from the total prize money of us $12,000,000.00 shared among the international winners in the Third category.
A tax and clearance fee of $1,990.00 has been financed with the enclosed check, kindly deposit or cash the check to pay for your tax and clearance fee. You will receive a total of ($63,010.00) minus $1,990.00 for the TAX. Your agent will elaborate more on that.
PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOUR WINNINGS BEFORE AUGUST 18TH 2006, OTHERWISE WE WILL ASSUME THAT YOU ARE NOT INTRESTED (sic) IN YOUR WINNINGS, THANK YOU.
PLEASE CONTACT DIANE JONES OF FOREX FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT GROUP, SUBSICIDIARY OF SWITZERLAND AND TRUST CORPORATION, 40 MELWOOD AVE, HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA B3H 1A1 TEL: 1-778-855-4326
HENRY STRAZELL (PRIZE DIRECTOR)"

My first clues were that the phone number had obviously been modified with wite-out! Then when I looked at the actual check, a friend and I agreed that it had way too many security features - trying a little too hard to look authentic. I really raised my eyebrows when I went to the BBB.org website and couldn't find any of the various corporation names in the letter and on the check. There's lots more info and documentation on the scams.com website. Thankfully I'm onto these kind of deals! If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> SCAM LETTERS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: