SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Barrister James Alfred concerning the deceased Robert Nelson

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cinderian

PostPosted: Thu 12 May 2005 04:25    Post subject: Barrister James Alfred concerning the deceased Robert Nelson Reply with quote

I thought I would have some fun with the individual, asking for a higher percentage of the inheritance, which he agreed, and asked for obituarys, info on the family, and why he chose me over the hundreds of other individuals with my sirname nearby. Thinking that I would interact with amusement, I gave no thought to the posibility of undesireable consequenses to my actions. Now I am concerned because I gave him my full name, address and telephone number. Shocked

As he will no doubt contact me again and again, shall I fake my death, or block his emails? What about the telephone calls that I receive from him, please advise me how to proceed. Since this is the world wide web, I am a little paranoid, that he visits your forum on a regular basis and is reading this post, the same time that your are reading this. I am disabled and barely survive on a small pension.

Here you can see the first email message I had received of three.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: May 10, 2005 6:32 AM
To: barristerjamesalfred@yahoo.com Razz
Subject: Very Urgent

Dear Sir,

I am Barrister. James Alfred, a solicitor at law. I am
the personal attorney to Engineer Robert Nelson, a
national of your country who was a consultant with the
Nigerian Liquefied natural gas company, here in
Nigeria who was referred to as my client. On the 16th
of August 2002 my client, his wife And their three
children were involved in a car accident along
Shagamuexpress road.

All occupants of the vehicle unfortunately lost there
lives. Since then I have made several enquiries to his
country's embassy to locate any of my clients extended
relatives, this has also proved unsuccessful. After
these several unsuccessful attempts.

I have contacted you to assist in repatriating the
money and property left behind by my client before
they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by
African Development Bank where a huge deposit of
$6,800,000 were lodged. Particularly, the Bank where
the deceased had the deposits of $6.8m has issued me a
notice to provide the proposed inheritor or have the
funds confiscated within the next ten official working
days.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the
relatives for over 2 years now I seek your consent to
present you as the heir of the deceased so that the
proceeds of this claims valued at $6.8 million united
states dollars can be paid to you and then you and me
can share the money 60% to me, 35% to you and 5% for
any expenses.

I have made all necessary legal arrangements that can
be used to back up any claim we may make. All I
require is your honest cooperation to enable us seeing
this deal through. I guarantee that this will be
executed under a legitimate arrangement that will
protect you from any breach of the law.

PLEASE ON YOUR REPLYING, DO SEND TO ME YOUR FULL NAMES
AND ADDRESS, YOUR PRIVATE TEL/MOBILE/FAX NUMBERS
INCLUDING YOUR COUNTRY AND CITY CODE PLEASE REPLY ME
THROUGH MY PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Best Regards,
BARR. James Alfred. (ESQ).

Thank you! Smile Please advise!
jez
Victim Support

PostPosted: Thu 12 May 2005 07:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinderian, baiting is fun but if you do this, you must never give the scammers your real info!

It's unlikely he will retaliate, or that he will waste his time in the internet cafe reading forums like this. However, stop all communication with him now. Block his email address, if possible change your own email address so he cannot contact you. If he phones, tell him you've changed your mind, and hang up. He'll get tired eventually when he realises there's no money for him.

And take a little more care in future please! If you want to enjoy the hobby of scambaiting, take a look at www.419eater.com which has a lot of very sensible advice on the subject.
cinderian
NEW Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu 12 May 2005 07:18    Post subject: Thanks for your suggestions. Reply with quote

I did check out the 419 website, and in the process found this website. I am concerned and bothered by individuals such as he that poses as Barrister James Alfred because of what is currently happening to my roommates elderly Mother. She is convinced that she is the heir to a large property, a villa in France, and that it was willed to her from her mother, from a previous lifetime. The scammers have received thousands and thousands of dollars from her, she emptied all of her retirement savings and even undersold the house she lives in. She was told that she had to pay the back taxes on the villa before she could receive the inheritance and move in. She is furious with her children because no one will believe or support her and hence the family is now devided. And it's still going on! The local bank and RCMP are investigating but since she says nothing is wrong, their is no follow up.

Thanks for listening and if you have advice for the roommates family or Mother, please advise us.
Murdockh
Victim Support

PostPosted: Thu 12 May 2005 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, C.

Listen to Jez, all said is very correct.

Concerning your roomate's elderly mother, we could try to send her a warning from here, if you can produce some more information for us.
The two things that are needed are the woman's e-mail address and/or phone number, and some information on the scammer, in order to convince her that we know what we're talking about and what the deal is.

We're happy to help, cinderian, so don't be afraid to come to us with this type of thing. Any time.

-M-
Former Member2
*** Account closed at users request***

PostPosted: Thu 12 May 2005 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinderian, I think your friend's family need to get onto their local law enforcement, perhaps the community officer if they have one, and have someone call round and speak to their mother. You say that the RCMP are investigating but the the important thing is to get the lady to stop communicating with the scammers now. Often a visit from someone in authority, especially a police officer will carry more weight with an elderly person than the family will. I am sure she sees this villa as the family's inheritance and is so caught up in the lies that she really needs to be told by someone independant that it is a fraud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> IS THIS A SCAM? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: