SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello there, fellow victims...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> YOUR STORY AND EXPERIENCES WITH SCAMMERS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonnie
NEW Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun 24 Jul 2005 13:56    Post subject: Hello there, fellow victims... Reply with quote

Dear Readers,

My name's Tonnie from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and I'd like to share my experience with you.

What I've experienced is very much different from you folks out there.

Let me share with you their newest antics so that you people won't fall into it.

I got an e-mail from a "Barrister Ganni Fawehinmi" addressed at a "111b, Johnson close Lagos, Nigeria" dating back to the last 3 (three) months.

"Ganni" sent e-mails to me from "bganni11@yahoo.com".

I don't know how and where "Ganni" got my e-mail address but "Ganni" got it eventually.

In the beginning, "Ganni" was phsychologically persuasive in asking me to prepare MYR 60k to assist "Ganni's" client, a "Mrs. Ann Tahar" who's husband died in an accident.

In return, "Ganni" said that after paying "Ganni" that amount, I'll stand to receive a reward amounting to USD 9.7M from my sincere assistance.

As a businessman, I sensed something's wrong immediately as I don't believe in "free meals".

However, since I'm adventurous and love to try new things, I managed to convince myself into playing along with "Ganni".

Once I've prepared the money, "Ganni" sent a "Andrew Tatan" to Kuala Lumpur and expedite a package from Citibank in Malaysia.

"Andrew" did turned up at Citibank Kuala Lumpur and demanded me to give "Andrew" my MYR 60k.

I showed "Andrew" the money in hard cash and told "Andrew" that I'll not part any money to "Andrew" and / or anybody else for that matter unless there's something genuine for me to witness.

"Andrew" got agitated but "Andrew" couldn't do anything to me as I'm in my home turf.

Actually, before that meeting took place in Kuala Lumpur, it's supposed to be done in Madrid, Spain but I told "Ganni" that I don't plan to travel just to assist "Ann" in getting things done with a security company there.

Then, "Ganni" was persuaded to change the venue to Jakarta. Indonesia.

Again, I told "Ganni" that Indonesia's politically unstable and I suggested to "Ganni" that it must be done in Bangkok, Thailand.

Once everything's set in motion, I made a last minute change and said to "Ganni" that I still want it to be done in Kuala Lumpur.

That's where my real game started.

"Andrew" walked away in a suspicious manner and I got my friends from the police to trail him each and every single second.

Over the next few hours, I got a call from a pre-paid local cell number.

The caller was "Andrew".

"Andrew" claimed that I'm supposed to give "Andrew" my money under "Ganni's" instructions but I responded that it's not my concern at all until I see something concrete.

Then, "Andrew" said that a "Anita Pumakmak" is going to call me and "Anita" did call me on behalf of the local Spanish Embassy.

After talking to "Anita", I made an appointment to meet "Andrew", "Anita" and a "Michael" claiming to be the local Spanish Embassy staff.

During the appointment, "Michael" showed me all the documents which I need to sign after paying my money.

After payment and signing, they'll ask me to wait until they secure and obtain the USD 9.7M.

I told them that I won't bow down to their demands and I walked away from the place.

Here, I've the need to tell the whole world something.

Those Nigerians are relatively stupid and if you make them play their game your way, you'll be safe.

But, on the other hand, if you don't, then you'd be even more stupid than them.

So, please take my advise seriously.
Former Member
*** Account closed at users request***

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jul 2005 08:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonnie, thanks for sharing that story. We do not advocate baiting the scammers in person. Yes, you can play them at their own game but from the safety of your own living room, in a controlled manner.

If you are under the impression that the scammers are stupid you would be quite wrong. Some are very successful and others are violent, some will kill a victim.

http://www.dailynews.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=500&fArticleId=2353672

If anyone reading a scam letter is suspicious, then take heed. Do not meet the scammers and certainly do not wave cash under their noses in person. You could find yourself in very serious trouble.
frazzle
**BANNED**

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jul 2005 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonnie,

It's great that you got the scammers to waste money coming to KL. However, you need to be aware that they have in the past physically intimidated and even killed their victims. Actually meeting them was a risky thing to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> YOUR STORY AND EXPERIENCES WITH SCAMMERS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: