Joined: 09 Nov 2004, 19:56
|Posted: Thu 11 Nov 2004 00:37 Post subject: What is ScamPatrol, and what do we do?
|Hello and welcome here!
Just to set things right, we'd like to point out what ScamPatrol is, and what you can and can't expect here.
What is ScamPatrol?
- ScamPatrol is an organized group of concerned citizens, who joined forces in order to fight advance fee fraud on the internet. We have members from all over the world.
- ScamPatrol gathers information on scammers through various sources and uses this info to warn victims and potential victims of scams. You are welcome to share any info you have with us - it may help to save another victim before it's too late.
- Scampatrol also trys to get fraudulent scammer websites (typically sites claiming to be banks or "security companies") shut down. This job is now mainly done by our partner site http://aa419.org
What can ScamPatrol do for YOU?
- We want to make you aware that you are not alone. Every month thousands of victims fall for these scams, that's nothing you need to be ashamed of.
- We provide you with pointers and informations about advance fee frauds.
- We provide you with a safe place to discuss and talk about you experiences, both to other victims as well as people who have a lot of knowledge in this area.
What ScamPatrol is NOT and what we CAN'T offer:
- ScamPatrol is NOT a law enforcement agency. We can however tell you where to go to, and do maintain close contact to some law enforcement agencies.
- ScamPatrol can NOT help you to get your money back. We feel very sorry for any financial loss you endured and hope you can cope, but you have to understand that the chances of getting anything back are virtually nil. Don't fall for anybody who promises you to get it, chances are that you will be scammed again.
- We can not cover all different types of scams found on the internet. Our expertise lies in the field of Advance Fee Fraud (aka Nigerian Letters).