SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome Mr. G!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> IS THIS A SCAM?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sudsman
Victim Support

PostPosted: Thu 02 Dec 2004 17:04    Post subject: Welcome Mr. G! Reply with quote

I've been in contact via Yahoo IM with a victim in the States and have referred him here. He is (quite understandably) hesitant to trust me, yet appears to have done a bit of research on his own to the point that he has some potentially damaging information on the fraudsters.

I created this thread so he would feel that he had a place to come and could open some meaningful dialogue. I have also referred him to 419legal.org, where many of us also belong, and want to assure him that any information he has to share regarding these criminals will be in the right hands.

He sounds as though he has some good detective skills that could come in pretty handy in taking down these bastards, and he's just got to be pissed-off enough to do it. Mad All we have to do is to gain his trust.

Mr. G -- if you followed my lead and came here, welcome to Scampatrol. You're among friends.
heartbroke,burnt for sure

PostPosted: Mon 06 Dec 2004 23:12    Post subject: dating, travel agency scam Reply with quote

I have been in daily contact with a so called lady for several months now. We made a mutual decision to get her to the states to be my future wife. A friend of hers in the American Embassy (so called ) referred her to this travel agency in Abuja, Nigeria.
I received a phone cal from the travel agency. At first the mode of buisness was very suspicious. He simply stated he required a fee of $1050US for Consultation fees. He at first stated this fee would include all necessary documents for my future bride. At a later communication by Email I questioned him closely about what all was included and wanted him to spell it all out for his fees. I asked him did this include getting her
visa, her International passport, and her airline ticket. He stated at that time, that it did not include her visa, passport or airline ticket as he had stated earlier. (At this time no funds had beem sent to the travel agency as yet)
He would not elaborate as to how much money these additional documents were going to cost me. We had several mild arguments by Email and by phone concerning these matters
Sudsman
Victim Support

PostPosted: Mon 06 Dec 2004 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for stopping by, Mr. G. Your nickname sounds like a Hank Williams song, but we're glad to have you. Smile (I like Hank.)

Please continue to share. You'll find you're among friends who can help.

Oh...and I'll keep trying to get this fine "lady" to hook up with me, too. Who could resist this face? Anyone? Anyone?
heartbroke,burnt for sure

PostPosted: Tue 07 Dec 2004 00:07    Post subject: the story continues Reply with quote

I finally after several Emails and a few phone calls, I influenced the director of the (so called) travel agency to tell me the services he would provide and their costs involved. It was not an easy thing to do. I told him listen, this is like a family who wants to build a new home, first the couple have to decide on the home they want to build. They will need a set of blueprints as a guideline for building the house. After they get the blueprints, then they will contact several home builders and get them to give their respective bids for building the home for them. The contractor will list everything he will include for his fees. Next the couple who are building the new home will contact a financial institute and try to secure the loans to have the new home built.
I told him, listen this is no different. first we (my new fiance'and I) have a plan we want to happen (our blueprints) and that is to get her here with me in America. Next, I need to know exactly what each document is going to cost me. Ex. Visa, International Passport, Airline ticket, (and I found out as we got into the fine print) that according to the travel agent, the Nigerian Immigrations would require that my fiance' have what is called a b.t.a.(basic traveling allowance) which is monies in her possession before entering through immigrations. These monies are required so she will not be a burden to the Ameican society and be out on the streets while here.
I will pick up where I left off in the very near future!!!!!
churchmouse
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue 07 Dec 2004 03:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to our forum!
It takes a lot of courage to let us know what has happened. We are all good listeners and will do our best to give you whatever information and assistance you need to bring some closure to this whole business.
Thanks for your trust! We'll honor it and do our best for you!
xcaluber
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue 07 Dec 2004 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and please remember that we are all here to help you get past this experience.

Please feel free to also ask any questions you want and we will try to answer them as correctly as possible.
Big Ron
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue 07 Dec 2004 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just adding another welcome from here. Smile
Ecce signum
NEW Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue 07 Dec 2004 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mr G! am a new member here as well, welcome to the site Smile

PostPosted: Fri 11 Feb 2005 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I'm new here too. This is my first post because I felt I needed to reply to Mr. G. I lived in Nigeria (Port Harcourt) for 5 years in the late nineties and made some friends there. When we returned to Scotland I kept in touch with one friend and she wanted to come on holiday. I explained she would have to go to the British Embassy in Lagos to apply for a holiday visa. After she had done this the British Embassy in London contacted me and I had to write a letter to them stating that I would be responsible for her during her fortnight in Scotland. (I did make sure she went on the flight home again!!!!)

I'm just trying to point out to you that NO money should be changing hands if this were on the up and up. These scammers give all the Nigerians a bad name in the world and your lady friend is probably a lad anyway. Chin up and keep your wallet tightly closed.
Millie
inkerman
NEW Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jul 2005 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm new too. I would just like to echo earlier comments regarding the courage it takes to share your experience, well done.
I was getting scam mail and although I knew it was bogus, I decided to see if anything could be done about it. To cut a long story short, I am now baiting scammers and although it is fun using silly names and even sillier characters, it serves a very serious purpose in that while they are having their time wasted by a baiter, they have less time to persue people who may fall victim to their activities. If anybody is considering baiting, seek the advice of any of the moderators and they will point you in the right direction.
But be warned..............Sunday soon becomes your only quiet day as the scammers are all in church!

Please don't necro old threads! If you would like to dicuss something covered in an old topic, please start a new thread and paste a link to the old one! - thanks Q
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> IS THIS A SCAM? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: