SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm confused a bit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMCollegeCCNY

PostPosted: Sat 14 Jan 2006 00:01    Post subject: I'm confused a bit Reply with quote

Ok this person has my address, that means they are capable of getting my bank account information right?...if they have my address and my cell number i can change my cell...i need to go to the police about the address...what if i have almost everything they need to get them...i have a SN name on yahoo, and i saved the fake check which i never did anything with i have the envelope also with the "Robert Farron" information...i know the area code of the "bank" that wanted to verify if i got a check...i even have a address of the person who tried to get me to cash the check...if i play along and get this person to call my cell one more time i can have a number as well...would it be enough?
Old Coaster
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sat 14 Jan 2006 14:33    Post subject: Re: I'm confused a bit Reply with quote

You are confusing me Smile

Just because they have your address, how can they get your bank details? And if they do, unless they steal your identity, how can they use this information unless you have given them the details of your credit card and bank account number?

Frankly, no police force anywhere will take action, so rather than waste time chasing this criminal, look carefully at the information you passed across and make the necessary changes. Did you reveal anything sensitive? ie your actual account details, (bank, branch and bank account number) or your credit card details.

If you did not, then just keep a wary eye on account movements and move on.
mirakl

PostPosted: Tue 17 Jan 2006 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply having your address is useless. Anyone can get addresses from a phone book. There's no way to get their bank details from that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
frodo
Victim Support

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jan 2006 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any info the scammers gives you about himself is likely to be false. So you won't have their real names and addresses. Maybe you can get a Nigerian cell number, but so what? They often buy stolen phones to make their calls.
Sorry, but if it was that easy to catch them, there'd be a lot more of them behind bars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> REQUEST HELP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: