SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Am I involved in a nigerian scam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> INFORMATION RELATED TO SCAMS AND OTHER FRAUD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrretka
NEW Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue 17 Jan 2006 00:26    Post subject: Am I involved in a nigerian scam Reply with quote

I have been involved with beautiful 28 year old woman in Lagos, Nigeria for about 2 weeks now. If it is a scam...it is a very elaborate one. There are so many details in my conversations with her....it's ubelievable. She wants to come to america to live with me & be my wife. When she brings up the subject of money & I refuse to send it to her, she becomes enraged. The most she has asked me for in a dollar amount is $100 to pay her internet bill if I want to continue to correspond with her...I refuse once again and havn't spoken to her since. But she is still there and I am sure she will contact me again.....as I write this, I can see that she is online at this moment. I am not about to send her anything. She says she is from Spain & the pictures sent to me via IM show that. Am I being scammed, or am I passing up a great opportunity to be with a wonderful woman?
jez
Victim Support

PostPosted: Tue 17 Jan 2006 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to disappoint you but this is a very common scam.

Look at it logically: you haven't even met this person, you've only been emailing them for two weeks, but she's (a) already agreed to marry you; and (b) is asking you for money! Does that not ring any alarm bells?

And when you refuse to send her money, "she becomes enraged"? She doesn't sound particularly "wonderful" does she?

These scammers are professionals which is why they can sound believable, but it's unlikely that the person you have been communicating with is actually female. Anyone can email a photo they have found on the internet, it proves nothing.

Just stop all communication with this scammer. Block their email address because "she" will continue to try and contact you, and will use any story "she" can to try and get money out of you - remember, they are professionals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> INFORMATION RELATED TO SCAMS AND OTHER FRAUD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: