SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 different Nigerian emails today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> FAKE BANKS AND FRAUDULENT WEBSITES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunter
NEW Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu 19 Jan 2006 19:02    Post subject: 3 different Nigerian emails today Reply with quote

How do I block this material from coming through my email?

Do I need to report this info to a particular source?
jez
Victim Support

PostPosted: Thu 19 Jan 2006 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can report individual emails to the email provider (send the email with the full headers to abuse@yahoo.com, abuse@msn.com, etc) but this won't stop you receiving emails from other users.

The only way you can avoid scam and spam emails is by only giving your email address to people you know - family and friends. If you use your email address to register with websites, make sure that site states in their privacy policy that they won't pass your details to third parties (this is how many scammers and spammers obtain your email address - by buying lists from less than scrupulous companies who don't care who they sell them to). And make sure your email address isn't visible on any website (don't sign guestbooks, for example). Scammers often use software to harvest addresses from websites.

You could also think about installing some decent anti-spam software! And if you use a free email provider, think about changing to gmail or fastmail - I've never received any unwanted communications with either of those providers. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> FAKE BANKS AND FRAUDULENT WEBSITES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: