SCAMPATROL Forum Index SCAMPATROL
Working to protect

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

William Ray Scam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> YOUR STORY AND EXPERIENCES WITH SCAMMERS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scrounger
NEW Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon 10 Apr 2006 22:05    Post subject: William Ray Scam Reply with quote

I recently have been involved with what i came to believe was a momey laundering scam. Fortunately. I have not lost a thing. However, I was approached by two different people (Minoru Kichiro, and William Ray). I was supposed to receive large sums of money and then wire it to various banks. I was to keep 10%. Very generous I thought. Suddenly I receive an email from William Ray that the $30,000 USD that I transfered from a suspense account set up for me for thisd purpose required that I pay an additional $750 for some tax thing. Flags started to wave immediatly and I gave a great deal of thought to it. About an hour later I received an email from ScamPatrol saying that William Ray was a scam. Can you confirm either of the above names as people perpetrating scams?

Kindest regards
bombardier
NEW Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon 10 Apr 2006 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi scrounger
Congratulations on not becoming a victim,
The names of these guys are really not so important because they change their names like the wind.
The scam you were involved in is a classic fake cheque scam.
If you recieved a warning from scampatrol please take it seriously, if you would like to confirm the scam patrol member that sent you the warning please feel free to post it.
Mark
Old Coaster
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon 10 Apr 2006 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

No not money laundering. That involves real money albeit illegally obtained.

This is a simple scam involving fake cheques. You get a cheque for $3,000 which is paid into your bank and clears. You send off $2,700 and keep $300. Later your bank claims back the $3,000 as the cheque was a fake and you are at least $2,700 out of pocket assuming you spent none of the "profit" you made. You are also likely to be arrested as an accessory to the fraud by zealous local policemen.

For evidence try googling the names
William Ray throws up these
http://www.scambuster419.co.uk/videodirector.htm
http://www.scambuster419.co.uk/videodirectorptii.htm

Minoru Kichiro appears to be a combination of the names of 2 of the first three climbers to conquer Manaslu (the eighth highest mountain in the world) in 1956 - the team was Japanese with a Sherpa guide!
http://www.mountain.ru/eng/climb/2006/Lafaille/index3.shtml
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SCAMPATROL Forum Index -> YOUR STORY AND EXPERIENCES WITH SCAMMERS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: